Intertextual Connections


Blessed by His grace for the heavy hearted

We hadn't met in 2 months. Tonight we spent 6 hours together. It was well worth it. It gave me a sense of family, a time of friendship, and feeling rejuvenated once again. I thank my God for them. For they came into my life not by chance but by His divine intervention.

The bonus was macaroni, that's my new favourite food if I may just add one more to the list. A time of fellowship and simple dinners together. Someone asked me what has been the 3 highlights for the year, and I gave it some thought.

Initially I was thinking about work achievements, and projects that garnered commendability, the lil' set goals that I have achieved. But I thought further, what was it that sparkled this year for me. And it was simply this;

1. Spending time with Aunty YK and Uncle HJ
2. Spending time with Uncle WTF and family
3. Spending time with people with an opportunity to serve others.

Simply because, it gave me a chance to learn and share life with these people. I have benefited simply so much from them as I count the days before the year ends. I'm glad even in the year of sabbatical in some areas, I had consistently been aware to move in focus and with direction.

I admit the challenges and the heavy pruning but looking back, it was worth it. Honestly, I'm blessed.

Tonight I remember my yellow pajamas by Gotcha,
Tonight I realized the one thing that I have been trying to pinpoint the very source of that nature but spent most of this year searching and I found it tonight - thank you Lord for your wisdom and security.
For it was my 'insecurity' and lack of confidence - the unrealized facet that had been hidden for so long came afloat tonight through deep conversations. The heavy heart responded with tears of sadness. For all the work behind it now became a chance for me to dwell deep and I could never have done this alone. This was a tough unlocking.

I thank you for them.

Tonight we realized God has really saved me by His grace. We recollected 12 years and to see God's hand in most of my life is incredible. The many laughing moments from my cunning antics to SPM agendas, to late night dry humour with wit was a clever combination over good hot pot of tea. Can fellowship be any more simple?

God has bless me very much this year. I feel even more blessed by the fact that it has become an encouragement to others. God has been using me despite the heavy past that resonates in me. Even yet, He chooses to use the very failures and disappointment and when you reflect and think about it - why me?

So here I am - heavy hearted, still buzzing wide awake at 2:30am, with work striving tomorrow. I remember and take strength in this instead when I was tasked to make short sentences from the word - "Father", "Jesus", "Holy Spirit" and "I".

Father, I must learn to love you
Jesus is my comforter and security
Holy Spirit is my wisdom compass in life
I still have a long way to go.

Thank you for bringing the people. Thank you for your everloving grace and mercy. You have no idea how much I appreciate this. My trust was a leap of faith, your Love stretches forever.

You have made a move in me.

To the man who speaks little,
Your whispering wisdom and knowledge nourishes me,
To the woman who encourages much,
Your cheerful and focus trust of faith amazes me,
To the boy who sits to listen and learn,
Your humility and consistency delivers strength
To our Lord who brought us together,
Your love has set us free and taught us love
For all this combine brings -
restoration.


So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,
The crawling locust,
The consuming locust,
And the chewing locust,
My great army which I sent among you ~ Joel 2:27

'For I will restore health to you
And heal you of your wounds, ' says the LORD
'Because they called you an outcast saying:
"This is Zion;
No one seeks her." ~ Jeremiah 27:30

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by your generous Spirit ~ Psalm 52:12

And finally,

casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you ~ 1 Peter 5:8

3 Responses to “Blessed by His grace for the heavy hearted”

  1. # Blogger HL

    Hey, great stuff here!  

  2. # Blogger rizumu

    Thx! HL is? I'm trying to guess, but can't quite figure it out :)  

  3. # Blogger rizumu

    Lokki! :P haha  

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.